Nov. 30, 2013
Pitt vs. Duquesne • CONSOL Energy Center • November 30, 2013
Pitt 84, Duquesne 67
• Pitt is off to an undefeated 7-0 start for the ninth time in the last 13 seasons.
• Pitt improves to 51-31 and has won 13-straight matchups over Duquesne with today's victory. The Panthers have also now claimed 32 of the series' last 35 games.
• The average margin of victory over the past 13 games has been 15.7 points. The 13-game win streak dates back to Dec. 22, 2001.
• The Panthers improved to 4-0 against Duquesne at the CONSOL Energy Center.
• Pitt head coach Jamie Dixon owns a perfect 11-0 record vs. Duquesne and is 126-10 all-time vs. nonconference opponents.
• Pitt led 39-35 at the half, the smallest halftime lead for the Panthers this season. The previous smallest margin over an opponent after the first 20 minutes was against Stanford (43-38).
•The final outcome is also the smallest margin of victory (+17) for Pitt this season.
• The Dukes held their last lead at the 17:22 mark of the second half (44-43); the first team to hold an advantage over Pitt this season in the second half of play.
• The Panthers registered a season-high 23 assists on the afternoon, the most dimes since Jan. 26, 2013 versus DePaul (23 assists on 35 field goals).
• Pitt matched a season-high in blocks as a team with five, the most since the first game of the season against Savannah State.
• Junior Cameron Wright notched a career-high 20 points, leading the team in scoring for the first time this season. The contest marked his fifth double figure scoring game in seven contests this year and ninth of career. Wright added to his stat line with five rebounds, five assists, two steals and two blocks. The five assists, nine field goals made (9-of-17) along with the 36 minutes played were all career-highs for the third-year player.
• Wright is shooting 59.3 percent from the field (19-of-32) over the past three games, while averaging 15.0 points over the span.
• With Wright's 20 points, at least one Pitt player has posted 20-or-more points in each of the last five games.
• Senior Lamar Patterson finished the contest with 18 points, his sixth double-digit scoring game this season and fifth-straight. Patterson added eight rebounds (a team-high), six assists (one off his career-best) and a career-high five steals.
• Patterson is averaging 21.7 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists, and 4.0 steals in the past week (3 games) for Pitt. Over the three games, he is shooting 56.8 percent (21-of-37).
• Senior Talib Zanna registered his 31st career double figure scoring game and fourth of the 2013-14 season with his 13 points. He shot 5-of-8 from the field and added six rebounds.
•Sophomore James Robinson collected nine assists, raising his career total to 150.
• Duquesne forward Ovie Soko had 20 free throw attempts, the most by an opposing player since 1987 (Sherman Douglas, Syracuse, 21 attempts, 3/7/87).
VIDEO: Panthers Make Adjustments in Advance of Louisville Contest
Game Notes: Panthers Host No. 13 Louisville Tuesday
Oakland Zoo Among Best Fan Distractions in the NCAA
Pitt Falls to NC State 79-74
GAME NOTES: Panthers On the Road to Face NC State
Pitt Drops 72-46 Decision to Miami