Sept. 30, 2011
· Pitt's honorary captain for the USF game is Troy Benson, a four-year letterman for the Panthers at linebacker from 1981-84. Benson was Pitt's leading tackler his final two collegiate seasons, including a career-high 168 stops his senior year when he served as a team captain. He still ranks among the top 10 tacklers in school history with 351 stops.
· Pitt finished in the Top 25 three times during Benson's career, including Top 10 finishes in 1981 and 1982.
· Benson played in the prestigious East-West Shrine All-Star Game before being selected by the New York Jets in the 1985 NFL Draft. He played four seasons with the franchise before retiring.
· PK Kevin Harper's 47-yard field goal in the first quarter marked his career long. He also hit field goals of 39 yards and 46 yards.
· Harper's 47-yard FG is Pitt's longest since Conor Lee hit a 48-yard FG at West Virginia on Dec. 1, 2007.
· Pitt and USF's 37 combined points scored in the first half is the most by Pitt and an opponent in the first 30 minutes this season. The previous high was 27 points scored by Pitt (20) and Maine (7).
· Pitt's 20 first half points also ties the Panthers' high in the first half this season with 20 points, also against Maine.
· Pitt did not punt the ball until 1:36 remaining in the 3rd.
· WR Cameron Saddler had a career night with 68 yards receiving on six receptions. Saddler's previous high was at Iowa where he recorded one catch for 30 yards.
· DE Brandon Lindsey recorded a sack in the fourth quarter. He has now had at least one sack in 11 of his past 17 contests.
· RB Ray Graham has now recorded three 200-yard rushing games in his career. His other two included a 277-yard performance against FIU last season, and a 201-yard game in the 2011 opener against Buffalo on Sept. 3.
· Ray Graham ended the night with 26 carries for 226 yards and two TDs, four receptions for 48 yards and two kickoff returns for 35 yards for a total of 309 all-purpose yards.
· The last time Pitt defeated a ranked team was also USF in a Thursday night ESPN telecast. Pitt defeated the Bulls, 26-21, in Tampa when USF was ranked No. 10.
· DB K'Waun Williams forced and recovered a fumble in the fourth quarter giving him his second career forced fumble and his first career fumble recovery.
· Pitt's point total on the night marks the most since the Panthers defeated Rutgers 41-21 on Oct. 23, 2010.
VIDEO: All Access | Pitt Football Signing Day 2016
VIDEO: UPMC Pitt LiveWire 2016 Signing Day Special
2016 Signing Day Central
PITT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE UNVEILED FOR 2016
PITT FINALIZES 2017 NON-CONFERENCE FOOTBALL DATES
Panthers have three mid-year roster additions