Oct. 27, 2011
• Tonight’s honorary Pitt captain was Hugh Green, one of the greatest defensive players in college football history. Green was a star defensive end for the Panthers from 1977-80. A three-time first-team All-American, he received the Lombardi, Maxwell and Walter Camp awards. In 1980, he was the Heisman Trophy runner-up, an unprecedented finish for a defensive player. Green’s number 99 jersey was retired by Pitt following his senior season. Green was a first-round selection by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 1981 draft and played 11 seasons in the NFL. He was elected into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1996.
• Redshirt freshman TE Brendan Carozzoni made his first career start. • Junior bandit safety Andrew Taglianetti made just his third career start. • Pitt has now recorded at least one sack in each of its past 20 games. Pitt was last held without a sack against Utah on Sept. 2, 2010.
• RB Zach Brown surpassed career-highs for receptions (nine) and receiving yards (84). His previous career-highs were two receptions (eight times) and 22 yards receiving against Buffalo on Sept. 3, 2011.
• QB Tino Sunseri set a career-high with 419 passing yards on the evening, completing 29 of his 42 attempts. His previous high was 307 yards passing (21-of-27) vs. Rutgers on Oct. 23, 2010.
• Sunseri’s 419 yards passing marked the most for a Pitt quarterback since Rod Rutherford threw for 419 yards against West Virginia in 2003. • The 419 yards also marks the most yardage thrown by a collegiate quarterback in Heinz Field history.
• WR Mike Shanahan’s two receiving touchdowns marks a single-game high for the junior.
• Seven Pitt receivers finished the evening with more than 35 yards receiving.
• Pitt set season-highs for total offense (529), passing yardage (433), completions (30) and pass attempts (43). Its previous season-high for total offense was 523 yards vs. USF.
TYLER BOYD SELECTED BY CINCINNATI IN 2016 NFL DRAFT
MARK SCARPINATO NAMED TO HAMPSHIRE HONOR SOCIETY
Blue Defeats Gold in Spring Game, 19-17
Coverage: Pitt Football Spring Practice #14
JAMES CONNER TO APPEAR ON THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW
Narduzzi Announces 2016 Ed Conway Award Winners