Oct. 27, 2011
• Tonight’s honorary Pitt captain was Hugh Green, one of the greatest defensive players in college football history. Green was a star defensive end for the Panthers from 1977-80. A three-time first-team All-American, he received the Lombardi, Maxwell and Walter Camp awards. In 1980, he was the Heisman Trophy runner-up, an unprecedented finish for a defensive player. Green’s number 99 jersey was retired by Pitt following his senior season. Green was a first-round selection by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 1981 draft and played 11 seasons in the NFL. He was elected into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1996.
• Redshirt freshman TE Brendan Carozzoni made his first career start. • Junior bandit safety Andrew Taglianetti made just his third career start. • Pitt has now recorded at least one sack in each of its past 20 games. Pitt was last held without a sack against Utah on Sept. 2, 2010.
• RB Zach Brown surpassed career-highs for receptions (nine) and receiving yards (84). His previous career-highs were two receptions (eight times) and 22 yards receiving against Buffalo on Sept. 3, 2011.
• QB Tino Sunseri set a career-high with 419 passing yards on the evening, completing 29 of his 42 attempts. His previous high was 307 yards passing (21-of-27) vs. Rutgers on Oct. 23, 2010.
• Sunseri’s 419 yards passing marked the most for a Pitt quarterback since Rod Rutherford threw for 419 yards against West Virginia in 2003. • The 419 yards also marks the most yardage thrown by a collegiate quarterback in Heinz Field history.
• WR Mike Shanahan’s two receiving touchdowns marks a single-game high for the junior.
• Seven Pitt receivers finished the evening with more than 35 yards receiving.
• Pitt set season-highs for total offense (529), passing yardage (433), completions (30) and pass attempts (43). Its previous season-high for total offense was 523 yards vs. USF.
New Pitt Football Fan Initiatives Announced for 2016 Season
Nate Peterman Trick Shots
PITT-OKLAHOMA STATE SET FOR NATIONAL ESPN TELECAST
THREE PANTHERS NAMED TO ATHLON ALL-AMERICA TEAM
James Conner Media Briefing
KICKOFF TIMES ANNOUNCED FOR THREE PITT HOME GAMES