Dec. 5, 2009
• Pitt's three losses on the season are by a combined 11 points (38-31 at NC State; 19-16 at West Virginia; 45-44 vs. Cincinnati).
• RB Dion Lewis’ career-high three rushing TDs gives him 16 rushing TDs and 17 total TDs (one receiving) in his rookie season which breaks LeSean McCoy’s Pitt freshman TD record. It also breaks McCoy’s record of 90 points by a freshman. Lewis now has 102 points on the season.
• Lewis also handled the ball on 52 of Pitt’s 76 possessions on the day (47 carries and five receptions). He also touched the ball on each of the first 15 plays of the game (14 carries for 69 yards and one reception for 5 yards) for 74 total yards.
• Lewis recorded his ninth 100-yard rushing game of the year with a career-best 194-yard performance. He has also totaled seven consecutive games with more than 100 yards on the ground.
• Lewis has also recorded multiple rushing touchdowns in six games this season.
• With his 47 carries, Lewis also set a school record for individual rushes in a game. He broke the previous record of 42 held by Craig “Ironhead” Heyward in 1987 against Notre Dame.
• WR Jonathan Baldwin surpassed the 1,000-yard receiving mark with his 113-yard performance on the day giving him 1,080 yards receiving on the season. Baldwin became the first Pitt player to record more than 1,000 yards receiving since Greg Lee compiled 1,297 in 2004.
• Baldwin’s 22-yard and 40-yard TD receptions from Bill Stull gives him his first multiple TD game of his career, marking the seventh and eighth TDs of the season for the sophomore.
• With Baldwin’s 40-yard TD reception, he has now had a reception of 40 or more yards in eight games this season.
• Pitt’s three interceptions marks the third time this season that the Panthers have intercepted three passes in a game. The other two were against USF on Oct. 24 and versus Syracuse on Nov. 7.
• DB Dom DeCicco’s first half interception marks the seventh of his career and the third this season.
• DB Elijah Fields’ interception late in the first half marks the third interception of his career, as well as his third this season.
• DB Jarred Holley’s third quarter interception is the third of his career.
VIDEO: All Access | Pitt Football Signing Day 2016
VIDEO: UPMC Pitt LiveWire 2016 Signing Day Special
2016 Signing Day Central
PITT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE UNVEILED FOR 2016
PITT FINALIZES 2017 NON-CONFERENCE FOOTBALL DATES
Panthers have three mid-year roster additions