March 27, 2014
PITTSBURGH-- Coach Paul Chryst and the 2014 Panthers will close spring drills with "Pitt Football Field Pass," a special event for fans that will provide an insiders' view of the program on Sunday, April 13, from 2 to 4 p.m.
Held at the team's state-of-the-art practice facility, the UPMC Sports Performance Complex, Pitt Football Field Pass is open to the general public and free of charge. The event will give both youth and adult fans the opportunity to interact with Pitt players and coaches. Highlights include:
- Kids Clinic: Boys and girls (8th grade and under) will receive personal instruction from the Pitt players and staff on football fundamentals. Held in the Panthers' indoor practice facility, the clinic will feature seven different positional stations for each participant to experience (quarterback, running back, receiver, offensive/defensive line, linebacker, defensive back and kicking).
- Offensive Strategy Session: Coordinator Joe Rudolph hosts a video chalk talk detailing the Panthers' pro-style offensive schemes.
- Defensive Strategy Session: Go inside the film room with coordinator Matt House in this film breakdown of Pitt's defensive philosophies and strategies.
- Recruiting 101: Hosted by Pitt recruiting coordinator Dann Kabala, this session details the recruiting process from initial prospect evaluation through National Letter of Intent Day.
- Muscle Matters: Strength and conditioning coach Ross Kolodziej, a former NFL defensive lineman, talks about the year-round art of physical development in college football.
To RSVP for this unique event, click on the following link: Pitt Football Field Pass RSVP
Questions can be directed to the Pitt Athletic Department at (412) 648-8280.
Pitt returns 14 starters and 42 lettermen from last year's team that finished the season with a 30-27 win over Mid-American Conference champion Bowling Green in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
Ticket packages for the 2014 Pitt football season can now be purchased online or by calling (800) 643-PITT (7488). Fans can choose from a wide array of options to accommodate as many different ticket preferences and requests as possible. Options include season-ticket packages for as low as $100, three-game mini-packages as well as single-game tickets.
James Conner Media Briefing
KICKOFF TIMES ANNOUNCED FOR THREE PITT HOME GAMES
Alex Officer named a Rimington Trophy Candidate
VIDEO: Exclusive with Dan Marino
TYLER BOYD SELECTED BY CINCINNATI IN 2016 NFL DRAFT
MARK SCARPINATO NAMED TO HAMPSHIRE HONOR SOCIETY