April 17, 2014
PITTSBURGH--The University of Pittsburgh's football promotional days have been unveiled for 2014. Join us at Heinz Field this fall as we commemorate the Panthers' 125th season on the gridiron. Promotions website.
· Sept. 20, Iowa, "Family Weekend" - Celebrate Pitt's "Family Weekend" by watching the Panthers take on the Iowa Hawkeyes. Weekend details, including ticket-package information, will be available in the near future on Pitt's Family Weekend website.
· Sept. 27, Akron, "Youth Day" - All area youth groups are invited to Heinz Field to take part in the day's festivities, including the "World's Largest Family Tailgate" prior to kickoff.
· Oct. 16 (Thurs.), Virginia Tech, "Breast Cancer Awareness" - The Panthers are proud to support the fight against breast cancer by promoting the importance of early detection. Pitt and Virginia Tech will clash before a primetime national television audience in this highly anticipated rivalry game.
· Oct. 25, Georgia Tech, "Homecoming" - Pitt welcomes the Yellow Jackets back to Pittsburgh for the first time since 1920! Always one of the most festive weekends on the Pitt calendar, details for Homecoming 2014 can be found at the Pitt Alumni Association's official Homecoming website.
· Nov. 1, Duke, "Band & Cheer Day/Military Appreciation Day" - One of the most exciting ACC football games of the 2013 season, Pitt and Duke renew ties this fall at Heinz Field. High school band and cheerleading squads add to the day's pageantry as they participate in Pitt's pregame concert, March to Victory and other in-game performances. Pitt will also pay tribute to our heroes in the armed services as all active, reserve and retired military personnel are invited to attend.
· Nov. 22, Syracuse, "Senior Day" - Longtime rival Syracuse comes to town as Pitt honors its seniors in the 2014 Heinz Field finale. The Panthers and Orange have met every year since 1955.
Pitt returns 14 starters and 42 lettermen from last year's team that finished the season with a 30-27 win over Mid-American Conference champion Bowling Green in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
Ticket packages for the 2014 Pitt football season can now be purchased online or by calling (800) 643-PITT (7488). Fans can choose from a wide array of options to accommodate as many different ticket preferences and requests as possible. Options include season-ticket packages for as low as $100, three-game mini-packages as well as single-game tickets.
Groups of 15 or more will save off the individual ticket price with tickets starting at only $10 for specific games. To make group reservations, call the Pitt Ticket Office at (800) 643-PITT (7488).
Pat Narduzzi Set for ESPN Car Wash Visit Monday
Pitt Football Newcomers Visit Mel Blount Youth Home
Jordan Whitehead Named a Candidate for the Paul Hornung Award
James Conner Selected for Doak Walker Award Watch List
Panthers Place Three on Wuerffel Trophy Watch List