Jason Hendricks is one of 18 seniors making their final Heinz Field appearance.
Nov. 25, 2013
Pitt (6-5, 3-4 ACC) vs. Miami (8-3, 4-3 ACC)
Nov. 29, 2013 • 3:30 p.m., ET • ABC (WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh)
Heinz Field (65,500/Natural Grass) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
Pitt Game Notes Link: Miami Game
• Pitt looks to enhance its postseason profile when it hosts the Miami Hurricanes at Heinz Field. The Panthers gained bowl eligibility with their 17-16 win at Syracuse last week. A victory over the Hurricanes would give Pitt a seventh win and improved positioning for an ACC bowl slot.
• In addition to bowl implications, Pitt will have sentimental motivations against the Hurricanes. Eighteen seniors will be making their final appearance at Heinz Field in a Pitt uniform. Three of those seniors — running back Desmond Brown, linebacker Shane Gordon and linebacker Emanuel Rackard — hail from the state of Florida.
• The Panthers seek their first win over Miami in eight tries. The Hurricanes have won their past seven encounters with Pitt, including 31-3 at Heinz Field in 2010. Pitt’s last victory in the series occurred in 1997 when the Panthers upset No. 21 Miami, 21-17, before a Thursday night ESPN television audience.
• Pitt senior defensive tackle Aaron Donald is one of the most productive — and disruptive — players in the country. Donald leads the nation in tackles for loss (2.4 per game), while ranking 10th in sacks (0.91 per game) and 11th in forced fumbles (0.36 per game).
• Perhaps Aaron Donald’s most impressive stat this season: more than half of his total tackles (51) have been behind the line of scrimmage (26).
• Aaron Donald is a finalist for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy and Rotary Lombardi Award. He is a semifinalist for the Bednarik Award, Outland Trophy and Lott IMPACT Trophy.
• Tyler Boyd is having one of the most productive seasons by a freshman receiver in Pitt history. With one regular-season game to go, Boyd has 68 catches — the most of any freshman in the country and one reception shy of Larry Fitzgerald’s Pitt frosh record of 69.
Pitt-Miami History in Brief
Series Began: 1950
Series Overall: Miami leads 22-9-1
At Pittsburgh: Miami leads 12-5
At Miami: Miami leads 10-4-1
At Neutral Sites: DNA
OT Games: DNA
Last Meeting: Sept. 23, 2010 (Heinz Field: Miami 31, Pitt 3)
Last Meeting at Miami: Nov. 21, 2002 (Miami 28, Pitt 21)
Current Series Win Streak: Miami has won 7 (1998-2003; 2010)
Longest Pitt Series Win Streak: 2 games, twice (1960-61; 1970, ‘76)
Longest Miami Series Win Streak: 8 games (1984, ‘86, ‘89-90, ‘93-96)
Largest Pitt Margin of Victory: 17 points (36-19, 1976)
Largest Miami Margin of Victory: 58 points (58-0, 1967)
Pitt-Miami Series Notes
This is the 33rd meeting between Pitt and Miami in a series that dates back to 1950...this year’s meeting will serve as the first Atlantic Coast Conference game between the two schools...the Panthers and Hurricanes will meet annually as members of the ACC’s Coastal Division...Miami leads the all-time series 22-9-1, and has won the last seven games, including a 31-3 decision at Heinz Field in 2010...the Panthers’ last victory over Miami was on Sept. 18, 1997, when Pitt defeated the No. 21 Hurricanes, 21-17, at Pitt Stadium in front of a Thursday night ESPN television audience...the victory launched Pitt to a 6-5 regular season and Liberty Bowl berth, the program’s first postseason appearance in eight years...prior to the ‘97 encounter, Pitt’s last win over Miami came during the 1976 national championship year (36-19 at Pitt Stadium).
Pitt-Miami Broadcast Information
Television • ABC (WTAE-TV, Channel 4, in Pittsburgh)
Dave Lamont, play-by-play
David Diaz-Infante, analyst
Niki Noto, reporter
Pitt Radio • 93.7 The Fan & the Pitt IMG Sports Network
Bill Hillgrove, play-by-play
Pat Bostick, analyst
Gregg Giannotti, reporter
Larry Richert, reporter
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Sirius Channel 92, XM Channel 193
Internet Audio • Panthers All-Access
Pitt Football Camp: Day 17 Coverage, Quotes
Pitt Trio Named to Rotary Lombardi Award Watch List
Pitt Football Camp: Day 16, Photos & Quotes
2016 Pitt Football Fan Fest
Pitt Football Camp: Day 15, Photos & Quotes
Pitt Football Camp: Day 14, Photos & Quotes