Dec. 29, 2012
Pitt 91, Buffalo 77
Dec. 29, 2012
• The 91 points are the most scored by a Panthers team since a 94-78 win over Central Michigan on Dec. 31, 2010.
• The Panthers shot 80 percent from the free throw line (16-for-20).
• Sophomore Brianna Kiesel had 21 points – her 28th career double figure scoring contest in 42 career games. Kiesel has posted double figures in eight games this season and has topped the 20 point mark three times. She has 20 or more points in 10 career games.
• Ashlee Anderson had 14 points, her first double figure performance since Loyola on Dec. 5. Anderson has scored in double figures in six games in 2012-13.
• Anderson shot 6-of-7 from the field, including 2-of-3 from three-point range. The two triples were a season-high for the third-year player.
• Redshirt freshman Loliya Briggs erupted for 18 points – a career-best. She went 3-of-3 from three-point range and 3-of-3 from the free throw line.
• Freshman Brittany Gordon posted the first double figure scoring game of her career, recording 14 points. The West Virginia native topped her previous career/season high of four points.
• Gordon had a team-high seven assists – tying her own career high for the second time in as many games. She also posted a team-high three steals, a career-best.
• Sophomore Chyna Golden matched a career-high with three assists.
• Sophomore Cora McManus had six points and five rebounds in just 12 minutes. She shot 3-of-3 from the field.
• The Panthers bench had 24 points, the second-most this season for Pitt.
Future is Bright for Trio of Sophomore Panthers
Brianna Kiesel Makes Tulsa Shock 12 Player Roster
Pitt to Play at Michigan in Big Ten/ACC Challenge
Pitt Women's Basketball to Play in 2015 Paradise Jam
McConnell-Serio to be Honored by Heinz History Center
McConnell-Serio Inks USC Transfer Destinie Gibbs