Hallie Peele is set to join the Panthers in the fall
The senior scored a 9.850 in her final routine as a Panther.
The senior was named Northeast Regional Gymnast of the Year
Offutt, Pearson, Dotson and Burak will attend the Ann Arbor Regional
The senior had a record-breaking season for the Panthers
Pitt took on EMU, Maryland and Towson in its season opener at the Fitzgerald Field House on January 10, 2016.
Phone: (412) 648-8328
Debbie Yohman enters her 30th season as the head coach of the Pitt Gymnastics program. Throughout her career, she has enjoyed many individual record-breaking moments and tremendous team accomplishments. Coach Yohman has worked tirelessly to help mold the young women from this university into fierce competitors and productive members of society. From recruiting Olympic-caliber athletes to gathering an ever-increasing amount of national recognition for the program, these successes have Yohman, and everyone associated with Pitt gymnastics, excited for the programs bright future.
University of Pittsburgh
- Coached Lindsay Offutt to a sixth place overall finish on beam at the NCAA Regional Meet after the junior posted a 9.875 on the event.
- Led Offutt to a first place finish on beam at the EAGL Championships and saw Laura Kummerle win EAGL Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Saw six gymnasts be recognized as Academic All-Americans.
- Helped the Panthers win the ACC’s Top Six for Service Award in recognition of the team’s charity work in Pittsburgh
- Led the Panthers to the fourth-highest score in school history, a 196.125, against Kent State and Centenary in 2013
- Led three Panthers to the NCAA Regional Championships after coaching four to all-EAGL first-team honors and five to second-team honors
- Led the Panthers to a second place finish at the EAGL Championships in 2000
- Coached Alyse Zeffiro, who scored the Panthers’ first two perfect 10.0 scores on the vault and floor exercise in 2004.
- Teams have received bids to the NCAA Regional Championship in 18 of her 30 years as head coach
- Had individual representatives at the NCAA Regional Championship every year during her tenure
- Has earned ECAC, EAGL and Northeast Region Coach of the Year honors
- Led the Panthers to nine individual EAGL titles on all events including the all-around
- Helped the Panthers gymnastic team earn over 130 All-EAGL Academic selections as well as over 100 NACGC/W All-American Scholar Athletes
- Helped the Division III Panthers transition to the Division II level, giving the school an opportunity to offer scholarships
- Under Yohman’s guidance, the program rose from the bottom of the WWIAC to a national contender
- Led the Panthers to the conference championship where they finished as runner-ups
- University of Iowa
- 1977-1979, graduate assistant
- National Leadership
- Involved in many committee and volunteer positions with the National Association of Collegiate Gymnastics Coaches
- Member of the Women’s Collegiate Program Committee since 1997; served two tenures as its chair
- Served four years as chairperson of the ECAC Division 1 selection committee
- Served as the meet director for Big 8, Big 10 and MAIAW Regional Championships
- Certified as an USAG Elite judge
- Original member of the group of eight coaches who worked to form the East Atlantic Gymnastics League
Yohman Adds Peele to 2016-17 Roster
Offutt Concludes Prolific Career at Nationals
Offutt Ready for 2016 NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championships
Offutt Qualifies for NCAA Nationals; Ties for First on Floor at NCAA Regionals
Four Panthers set to Compete at 2016 NCAA Regional Championship
VIDEO: 2016 NCAA Regionals Sendoff