Pitt will be featured live on ESPN3
A collection of blogs from Pitt gymnasts during the 2014-15 season
Alyssa Adrian just misses on trip to NCAA Championship meet
Terry Karwoski joined the Pitt gymnastics program in 2010. The former two-time MAC Coach of the Year acts as the primary vault and floor coach and brings a wealth of experience to the Panthers coaching staff. Karwoski has proven to be a vital part of head coach Debbie Yohman’s staff and looks to continue to build upon previous success in the upcoming year.University of Pittsburgh
- Assistant Coach, 2010-2016
- Serves as the primary vault and floor coach
- Scored a season high 49.100 on vault at the 2016 EAGL Championships to propel the Panthers to their first EAGL title in school history
- Led Lindsay Offutt to the NCAA Women’s Gymnastics Championships on floor after a 9.900 gave her a share of the floor title at Regionals. Offutt was the sixth Panther all-time and first since Andrea Arlotta in 2007 to accomplish the feat of National Qualifier
- Led Offutt to a second place finish on floor at the 2016 EAGL Championships and Offutt and Pearson to third place finishes on vault
- Led Tracey Pearson to an eighth place finish on vault at the 2015 EAGL
- Championships and Miya Dotson and Maebelle Pacheco to top-10 finishes
- Along with former assistant Mike Rowe, Karwoski was honored as the 2013 NCAA
- Northeast Regional Assistant Coach of the Year
- Coached former Panther Mallory Brewer to an EAGL Floor Championship in 2011
- Works with the marketing and media relations staffs as well as the Life Skills staff on community service and promotional events for the team
- Head Coach, 1997-2009
- 2000 and 2006 MAC Coach of the Year
- 2006 Mid-American Conference Regular Season and Tournament Champions
- 2008 roster achieved a perfect Academic Progress Rate (APR) score
- Trained at Central Bucks School of Gymnastics and Dance in Doylestown, Pa. and continued at Berks Gymnastics Academy in Reading, Pa.
- Earned a full ride to Northern Illinois University, where she earned a varsity letter during her freshman season prior to transferring to Western Michigan.
- At Western Michigan, was part of the 1988 MAC Championship Team and earned two varsity letters in her time there.
- Graduated from Western Michigan University in 1990 with a degree in exercise science and physiology
- Resides in Sewickley, Pa., with her husband Chris, who is an assistant coach for the Pitt men’s soccer team.
- They have four children: Corry Lynn (a Pitt grad), Kelly (a senior at Pitt), Kathryn (10) and Jack (8).
Pearson, Laymon Compete at NCAA Regionals
Pearson, Laymon Gear Up for NCAA Regionals
Pearson, Laymon Earn Regional Selections
Chancellor Gallagher Names Heather Lyke Pitt Athletic Director
Pitt Gymnastics Places 5th in EAGL Championship
Panthers Head to NC State for EAGL Championships