Terry Karwoski joined the Pitt gymnastics program in 2010. The former two-time MAC Coach of the Year acts as the primary vault and floor coach and brings a wealth of experience to the Panthers coaching staff. Karwoski has proven to be a vital part of head coach Debbie Yohman’s staff and looks to continue to build upon previous success in the upcoming year.University of Pittsburgh
- Assistant Coach, 2010-2016
- Serves as the primary vault and floor coach
- Led Tracey Pearson to an eighth place finish on vault at the 2015 EAGL
- Championships and Miya Dotson and Maebelle Pacheco to top-10 finishes
- Along with former assistant Mike Rowe, Karwoski was honored as the 2013 NCAA
- Northeast Regional Assistant Coach of the Year
- Coached former Panther Mallory Brewer to an EAGL Floor Championship in 2011
- Works with the marketing and media relations staffs as well as the Life Skills staff on community service and promotional events for the team
- Head Coach, 1997-2009
- 2000 and 2006 MAC Coach of the Year
- 2006 Mid-American Conference Regular Season and Tournament Champions
- 2008 roster achieved a perfect Academic Progress Rate (APR) score
- Trained at Central Bucks School of Gymnastics and Dance in Doylestown, Pa. and continued at Berks Gymnastics Academy in Reading, Pa.
- Earned a full ride to Northern Illinois University, where she earned a varsity letter during her freshman season prior to transferring to Western Michigan.
- At Western Michigan, was part of the 1988 MAC Championship Team and earned two varsity letters in her time there.
- Graduated from Western Michigan University in 1990 with a degree in exercise science and physiology
- Resides in Sewickley, Pa., with her husband Chris, who is an assistant coach for the Pitt men’s soccer team.
- They have four children: Corry Lynn (a Pitt grad), Kelly (a senior at Pitt), Kathryn (10) and Jack (8).