Yohman has spent more than three decades with the Panthers
Senior Spent Previous Two Years with Pitt Track and Field
Former Gymnast Returns to Pitt Program
From Walk-Ons to Scholarship Athletes
Career Scores Fall at The Fitz
Pitt gymnastics hosted Kent State in the annual Blue-Gold Exhibition at Fitzgerald Field House on Friday, Dec. 9, 2016.
Pitt took on EMU, Maryland and Towson in its season opener at the Fitzgerald Field House on January 10, 2016.
Debbie Yohman enters her 31st season as the head coach of the Pitt Gymnastics program. Throughout her career, she has enjoyed many individual record-breaking moments and tremendous team accomplishments. Coach Yohman has worked tirelessly to help mold the young women from this university into fierce competitors and productive members of society. From recruiting Olympic-caliber athletes to gathering an ever-increasing amount of national recognition for the program, these successes have Yohman, and everyone associated with Pitt gymnastics, excited for the programs bright future.
University of Pittsburgh
- Concluded her 30th season at the helm of Pitt Gymnastics with the program's first ever EAGL title.
- Coached Lindsay Offutt to the NCAA Women's Gymnastics Championships on floor. Offutt was the sixth Panther all-time to be a National Qualifier and the first since Andrea Arlotta in 2007
- Led four Panthers to the NCAA Regionals.
- Coached Offutt who was named the EAGL Senior Gymnast of the Year and the Northeast Regional Gymnast of the Year
- Led Offutt to a title on the floor and on beam, and Miya Dotson to a title on bars at the 2016 EAGL Championships
- Saw Offutt shatter the Pitt all-around record (39.400) with a 39.575 against Towson and Penn on February 12th, a record that stood for 17 years
- Saw seven gymnasts be recognized as Academic All-Americans
- Coached Lindsay Offutt to a sixth place overall finish on beam at the NCAA Regional Meet after the junior posted a 9.875 on the event.
- Led Offutt to a first place finish on beam at the EAGL Championships and saw Laura Kummerle win EAGL Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Saw six gymnasts be recognized as Academic All-Americans.
- Helped the Panthers win the ACC’s Top Six for Service Award in recognition of the team’s charity work in Pittsburgh
- Led the Panthers to the fourth-highest score in school history, a 196.125, against Kent State and Centenary in 2013
- Led three Panthers to the NCAA Regional Championships after coaching four to all-EAGL first-team honors and five to second-team honors
- Led the Panthers to a second place finish at the EAGL Championships in 2000
- Coached Alyse Zeffiro, who scored the Panthers’ first two perfect 10.0 scores on the vault and floor exercise in 2004.
- Teams have received bids to the NCAA Regional Championship in 18 of her 30 years as head coach
- Had individual representatives at the NCAA Regional Championship every year during her tenure
- Has earned ECAC, EAGL and Northeast Region Coach of the Year honors
- Led the Panthers to nine individual EAGL titles on all events including the all-around
- Helped the Panthers gymnastic team earn over 130 All-EAGL Academic selections as well as over 100 NACGC/W All-American Scholar Athletes
• 1982-1986, Assistant Coach
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• 1979-1982, Head Coach
- Helped the Division III Panthers transition to the Division II level, giving the school an opportunity to offer scholarships
- Under Yohman’s guidance, the program rose from the bottom of the WWIAC to a national contender
- Led the Panthers to the conference championship where they finished as runner-ups
- University of Iowa
- 1977-1979, graduate assistant
- National Leadership
- Involved in many committee and volunteer positions with the National Association of Collegiate Gymnastics Coaches
- Member of the Women’s Collegiate Program Committee since 1997; served two tenures as its chair
- Served four years as chairperson of the ECAC Division 1 selection committee
- Served as the meet director for Big 8, Big 10 and MAIAW Regional Championships
- Certified as an USAG Elite judge
- Original member of the group of eight coaches who worked to form the East Atlantic Gymnastics League
• Competed for Clarion University
• Member of the 1976 National Championship Team
• Was a student assistant on the 1977 National Championship Team
• Two-time AIAW Champions
Samantha Snider Named Pitt Gymnastics Head Coach
Pitt Student-Athletes Share Experiences from Haiti Trip
Pitt Gymnastics Coach Debbie Yohman Retires
Pearson, Laymon Compete at NCAA Regionals
Pearson, Laymon Gear Up for NCAA Regionals
Pearson, Laymon Earn Regional Selections