Head coach Holly Aprile and staff were one of 11 coaching staffs in the nation honored
Pitt will look to take down its first ranked opponent of the season.
Pitt looks to continue their winning ways against the Bonnies.
After traveling for 28 consecutive games, the Panthers will host for the first time this season.
The Panthers are earning votes for the first time since 2008.
Pitt Softball Fall Ball Pictures
Gina Fuchs begins her 12th season as a member of the Pitt softball coaching staff. She oversees the outfield and also instructs base running and slap-hitting fundamentals, while assisting with recruiting and scouting.
University of Pittsburgh
- Pitt earned its first NCAA Tournament invitation in program history, advancing to the regional final.
- In the Atlantic Coast Conference Softball Championship, the Panthers upset higher seeds Notre Dame and North Carolina to reach the title game. It was Pitt’s first conference tournament championship game appearance ever.
- Pitt finished with a 37-22 record, the winningest season in school history.
- Named as the 2015 National Fastpitch Coaches Association Mid-Atlantic Region Coaching Staff of the Year.
- Coached Carly Thea to a .409 on base percentage and 39 RBIs.
- Helped Jordan Fannin to 21 RBIs after only 10 in 2014.
- Led Carly Thea to a team-high slug percentage (.636), good for 10th-best in the ACC.
- Helped Carissa Throckmorton tally 30 hits with a .377 slugging percentage.
- Jordan Fannin committed no errors in 41 chances from right field.
- Kaila Balatgek stole four bases in four attempts.
- Helped the panthers improve their highest individual stolen base percentage from 70% (2012; Kelly Hmiel 11-16) to 86% (Carly Thea, 6-7).
- Helped outfielder Taylor Henry to a .981 fielding percentage.
- Kelly Hmiel stole 11 out of 16 bases.
- Pitt finished third in the Big East with 79 steals under the guidance of Fuchs.
- Panthers set a school record with 236 runs scored, eclipsing the 2006 record.
- Panthers have set team records in stolen bases three of the last six years under Fuchs.
- Reba Tutt finished 47th in the nation in runs per game.
- Ashley Amistade leads the Big East with 27 steals while hitting .321.
- Played a pivotal role in Ashley Amistade increase from a .250 batting average in 2009 to a .320 average in 2010.
- Reba Tutt shatters the freshman record for steals in a season with 26
- Four Year letterwinner at Penn State (1999-2003)
- Two-time team captain at Penn State (2002,2003)
- Earned First-Team All-Big Ten honors twice (2000,2002)
- Career record holder in stolen bases (123), hits (238), runs scored (149), and games played (213)
- Set single-season records in at-bats (197), singles (63) and stolen bases (42)
- Three-time academic All-Big Ten recipient (2000, 2002 & 2003)
- Graduated from Penn State in 2003 with a bachelor's degree in kinesiology with an emphasis in exercise science.
Recapping the 2016 Pitt Softball Season
Three Named to 2016 Softball All-ACC Academic Team
Edwards Selected to Compete in PGF High School All-American Softball Game
Incoming Freshman Alexee Haynes Tabbed West Virginia Softball Gatorade Player of the Year
Three Panthers Earn NFCA All-Region Honors
Panthers Run-Ruled by No. 6 Florida State in Opening Round of ACC Tournament