Head coach Holly Aprile and staff were one of 11 coaching staffs in the nation honored
Pitt will look to take down its first ranked opponent of the season.
Pitt looks to continue their winning ways against the Bonnies.
After traveling for 28 consecutive games, the Panthers will host for the first time this season.
Pitt Softball Fall Ball Pictures
- Helped coach Pitt to a 31-21 overall record, marking the second consecutive season where the Panthers have won 30-plus games.
- Guided Pitt to its second ACC Tournament appearance in back-to-back years.
- Pitt earned its first NCAA Tournament invitation in program history, advancing to the regional final.
- In the Atlantic Coast Conference Softball Championship, the Panthers upset higher seeds Notre Dame and North Carolina to reach the title game. It was Pitt’s first conference tournament championship game appearance ever.
- Pitt finished with a 37-22 record, the winningest season in school history.
- Named as the 2015 National Fastpitch Coaches Association Mid-Atlantic Region Coaching Staff of the Year.
- Coached Carly Thea to a .409 on base percentage and 39 RBIs.
- Helped Jordan Fannin to 21 RBIs after only 10 in 2014.
- Led Carly Thea to a team-high slug percentage (.636), good for 10th-best in the ACC.
- Helped Carissa Throckmorton tally 30 hits with a .377 slugging percentage.
- Jordan Fannin committed no errors in 41 chances from right field.
- Kaila Balatgek stole four bases in four attempts.
- Helped the panthers improve their highest individual stolen base percentage from 70% (2012; Kelly Hmiel 11-16) to 86% (Carly Thea, 6-7).
- Helped outfielder Taylor Henry to a .981 fielding percentage.
- Kelly Hmiel stole 11 out of 16 bases.
- Pitt finished third in the Big East with 79 steals under the guidance of Fuchs.
- Panthers set a school record with 236 runs scored, eclipsing the 2006 record.
- Panthers have set team records in stolen bases three of the last six years under Fuchs.
- Reba Tutt finished 47th in the nation in runs per game.
- Ashley Amistade leads the Big East with 27 steals while hitting .321.
- Played a pivotal role in Ashley Amistade increase from a .250 batting average in 2009 to a .320 average in 2010.
- Reba Tutt shatters the freshman record for steals in a season with 26
- Four Year letterwinner at Penn State (1999-2003)
- Two-time team captain at Penn State (2002,2003)
- Earned First-Team All-Big Ten honors twice (2000,2002)
- Career record holder in stolen bases (123), hits (238), runs scored (149), and games played (213)
- Set single-season records in at-bats (197), singles (63) and stolen bases (42)
- Three-time academic All-Big Ten recipient (2000, 2002 & 2003)
- Graduated from Penn State in 2003 with a bachelor's degree in kinesiology with an emphasis in exercise science.