April 21, 2017Panthers Travel to No. 3 North Carolina Saturday
PITTSBURGH – The Pitt tennis team is set to conclude the regular season Saturday, April 22 as the Panthers make the trip to Chapel Hill, N.C., to take on the third-ranked Tar Heels. Action is set to get underway at 11 a.m. at the Cone-Kenfield Tennis Center.
The Panthers enter the final weekend 3-14 overall, while North Carolina boasts a 25-2 overall record.
- Pitt clashes with the Tar Heels for the fourth time in program history Sunday. UNC leads all meetings 3-0.
LAST TIME OUT
- Pitt dropped a pair of conference duals last weekend, falling to Virginia, 5-2, and Miami, 7-0.
SCOUTING THE TAR HEELS
- The reigning ACC champions enter the final weekend of regular season competition ranked No. 3 in the country.
- The Tar Heels rank third in the ACC with an 11-1 record after falling to Georgia Tech April 1.
- Five singles players are ranked in the latest Oracle/ITA Collegiate rankings in No. 2 Hayley Carter, No. 8 Sara Daavettila, No. 31 Jessie Aney, No. 55 Alexa Graham and No. 94 Makenna Jones.
- In doubles, Carter and Aney make up the No. 1 doubles team in the country, while Carter also ranks No. 35 alongside Daavettila.
- Pitt enters postseason Wednesday, April 26 at the 2017 ACC Championships at the Rome Tennis Center on the campus of Berry College in Rome, Ga.
Four Pitt Teams Earn APR Public Recognition Awards from NCAA
Washington Named to All-ACC Third Team
Panthers Fall Short to Notre Dame
Pitt to Face Notre Dame in ACC Tourney
Pitt Drops Regular Season Finale at No. 3 North Carolina
Panthers Travel to No. 3 North Carolina Saturday