Aug. 8, 2013
GREENSBORO , N.C. – The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) announced on Tuesday that it will broadcast 102 Olympic sporting events this Fall, including at least six matches involving the University of Pittsburgh volleyball team.
The 102 live events surpass the previous record of 77 which was set last season. Pitt is scheduled for 14 of those broadcasts (six for volleyball, five for women’s soccer and three for men’s soccer).
“We are pleased to be able to showcase the ACC’s Olympic Sports at an unprecedented level this fall,” said ACC Commissioner John Swofford. “With Notre Dame, Pitt and Syracuse competing for the first time as league members, it’s an exciting time for all the players, coaches and fans. We appreciate the relationship we have with our television partners and look forward to continuing to showcase the ACC and its 15 member schools.”
The Panthers will play four of their six ESPN3 matches inside Fitzgerald Field House, beginning on Sunday, Sept. 29 against Georgia Tech at 2 p.m. The Yellow Jackets mark Pitt’s second ever ACC contest (Pitt welcomes Clemson two days prior in its inaugural ACC match).
Five days later the Panthers will host Virginia Tech on an ESPN3 national broadcast. First serve against the Hokies on Oct. 4 is set for 7 p.m.
Also slated for ESPN3 broadcasts include home matches with Syracuse (Sunday, Oct. 20 – 2 p.m.) and North Carolina State (Sunday, Nov. 24 – 2 p.m.), and away contests at Florida State (Sunday, Oct. 13 – 1 p.m.) and Notre Dame (Sunday, Nov. 3 – 2 p.m.). The match at Florida State will also be live on ROOT SPORTS.
Highlights of the ACC’s upcoming fall broadcast schedule include:
- 102 games, totaling 195 school appearances – the highest count in history for ACC fall Olympic sports.
- A total of 83 ACC fall contests will exclusively appear on ESPN networks, including six on ESPNU and 77 on ESPN3. All 83 games will also be available on computers, smartphones, tablets, Xbox and Apple TV via WatchESPN
- The ACC Men’s and Women’s Soccer Championship games will both be carried live on ESPNU. Both semifinals will be shown on ESPN3. The ACC Field Hockey Championship semifinals and finals will be carried as part of the ACC RSN package and on ESPN3.
- An additional 15 games will be broadcast on the league’s regional sports networks (RSN), which include FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Indiana, Sun Sports, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, NESN, YES, ROOT SPORTS, and MSG.
- The ACC Digital Network (theACC.com) will carry four soccer matches live – two men’s and two women’s.
Three Panthers Set to Participate in 2015 Global Challenge
Fisher Named Head Volleyball Coach of Team USA at Pan American Games
2015 Pitt Volleyball Recruiting Class Earns Highest Honorable Mention
Pitt Volleyball Releases 2015 Game Schedule
Volleyball Adds Markewycz and Kullerkann to 2015 Roster
Pitt Volleyball Assistant Coach Lindsey Campbell Named AVCA Thirty Under 30 Recipient